ThermoFab provides heavy gauge thermoforming of custom plastic enclosures with superior quality and fast turnaround for medical, industrial and computer prototypes and products.
ThermoFab’s heavy gauge thermoforming process:
- Part thickness ranges from .060-.310 inches
- Offers close tolerances
- Tight specifications and sharp detail
- Well known for its flexibility in tooling and engineering
- Fast set-up and production of custom plastic enclosures – especially prototypes and large parts in quantities from dozens to thousands
- Thermoforming is commonly selected over injection molding
The heavy gauge thermoforming process involves:
- Heating a thermoplastic sheet to a temperature that softens it for molding purposes - sheets come in a wide range of thicknesses depending on the desired product, i.e. heavy gauge for custom plastic enclosures
- Stretching the sheet to conform to a custom mold’s contours
- Cooling the formed part until it becomes rigid and maintains the desired shape
- Trimming the plastic part to eliminate edges
- Fabricating it into its final configuration
ThermoFab designs, develops and delivers custom plastic enclosures with superior quality and fast turnaround for medical, industrial and computer prototypes and products.
ThermoFab’s commitment to quality shows during the entire thermoforming process. From the quality of the plastic sheets we use to the monitoring of our heating process to our forming parameters and cooling conditions, ThermoFab is dedicated to producing exceptional quality for your custom plastic enclosures.
To find out if thermoforming is right for your products, email us or send us your CAD files - we'll help you get from files to finished product in 4-6 weeks!